Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The first 2 weeks of hosting

It's been awhile since I posted. After the bomb got dropped on our home study, people from far and near donated to our surprise re-hosting costs. $2500 came in over the course of only 10 days. It was amazing to see people we didn't even know donate on K's behalf, as well as friends that have given so much already.

She arrived for re hosting on July 8th, and things have been going really well. Jet lag hit her a lot harder this time than ever before, and it took her almost a week and a half to adjust. Usually it's only about 4 days or so for her, so I of course tried to read into her quietness and wanted to panic thinking she didn't want to be adopted by us anymore. I did ask her if she had changed her mind, and she looked at me like I was crazy and assured me that was NOT the case.

{{I have wanted to adopt for so long, and K is so great, I think my brain can't absorb what is in front of me. Part of me want to have a party, and part of me will believe it when court is over.}}

She seems more mature this visit, a bit calmer, not as clingy. Her English continues to grow by leaps and bounds. She seems to have more confidence this visit- more sure of herself. Sometimes when I see her in clothes that I specifically bought for her (as opposed to donated clothes, cute as those are!), I tear up. Just a tad.

{{But that's OK, right?}}

She is here until mid August. I don't think about sending her back. I just pray that we get this home study completed and get a court date in October sometime.

We want our daughter home.

Where she belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment